In this paper, the characteristic degradations of multi-finger MOSFETs with different gate structures are experimentally investigated when the gate voltage stress is applied. Here, the degradations of threshold voltage (V th), subthreshold swing (S sub), and mobility are analyzed depending on the gate geometry. In addition, the correlation between the gate structure considering the effective channel length and the charge trapping effect due to line edge roughness is also investigated using the charge trap density and the off current.
Bibliographical noteFunding Information:
This work has been supported by the IC Design Education Center.
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering